Continental's dismount pits are in use in gymnastics centres across the UK.
We undertake the following works:
- Provide Computer Aided Design drawings to show how the pit can accomodate the required equipment and ensure safe size dismount areas are available.
- Work closely with your builders to recommend construction methods and tolerances Install cantilever platforms to suit the equipment - you can save money on the pit construction as we only ask for a basic shape - your builder does not need to build castellations in concrete to support the equipment as we provide the necessary platforms
- Install any necessary stud walling to separate out areas with sunken trampolines
- Install a base foam layer of 300mm slab foam to prevent any risk of "bottoming out" by gymnasts
- Line the walls with carpet. This is optional but strongly recommended - it reduces abrasion of the foam against the concrete walls and reduces the risk of abrasion injuries to gymnasts
- Upholster the pit edges with bespoke high density chipfoam covered with pvc trapped in lacquered hardwood laths screwed securely to the pit edges.
- The edge padding we use is 75mm thick on the top surface and 50mm thick on the pit edge - this is significantly thicker and therefore safer than padding used by other companies. Install bespoke packers to ensure any recessed trampolines are flush with the pit surface
- Fill the pit with foam logs and sufficient logs to top up the pit after initial settlement
- We now offer three qualities of foam to suit your requirements and budget.
All pits are bespoke designed so please contact us for assistance and quotation.